Like I mentioned last week though...
I do have a recipe to share for this edition of #RECIPEFRIDAY which...
I hope you will enjoy!
It's a FUn little protein treat you can easily make...
It hardly takes any time to make from start to finish!
If you've been wanting to try something new and tasty...
Get your ingredients together and get to it!
Easy Homemade Protein Granola Bars
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 40 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 2 medium overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or nut butter of choice), melted (but not too hot, luke warm is best)
- 1/2 cup cranberries, dried, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp flax seeds, ground
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (optional)
- 1tsp honey (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- Pre-heat your oven to bake at 350F
- Lightly spray your small, square baking pan with olive oil
While the oven is heating up...
- Mash your bananas in a medium sized bowl
- Add in the remaining ingredients
- Mix together with a spoon
- Melt your peanut butter in the microwave, about 15 seconds (until luke warm) and pour over the mixture
- Mix well until peanut butter is well incorporated throughout
- Scoop out the granola bar mixture into your baking pan, about 1/2 to 1 inch in thickness (or to your desired liking), alternatively, you can make mini protein bites too
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until it hardens
- Remove from oven, let cool and slice up into mini granola bars. (Store in air tight container for a few days in the fridge, or freeze)
- Crumble on top of your yogurt!
Powered by Recipage
Okay so now it's your turn...
If you have a recipe to share...
I can't wait to see what you've been making and loving as of late :)
|Smile, it's Friday! :)|
Questions FU You...
Do you make your own granola bars?
Plans for the weekend?
Stay tuned FU more on *CaNdY FiT*