I'd love to share with you something I've been preparing on the regular around herrr.
It's easy, tasty and yes, does require some time but...
The results are well worth it! (Plus, it makes for leftovers too!)
Before we get to the recipe...
I must admit that it took me some time before I actually roasted the chicken correctly.
My first attempt, years ago, didn't come out so done so...
Fast forward like 4 years and...
I decided to give it another go! (I can't be that hard right?! I mean common lol)
Practice makes almost perfect right ;)
I just needed to be patient.
Go figure lol
|Is it ready yet?|
Here's my easy roast chicken recipe!
Easy Roast Chicken
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15
- 1 4-5 lbs chicken (with innards removed)
- 1/2 lemon
- Olive oil to spray
- 1tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp MTL steak spice
- Pre-heat the oven to bake at 425F
- Wash your chicken clean with water and pat dry with a paper towel
- Place the chicken on a rack that sits in a medium sized roasting pan
- Add 1 cup of water to the roasting pan
- Spray your chicken with olive oil
- Add lemon half inside the cavity
- Mix the chicken rub together and pat the entire chicken with it (make sure to wash your hands before and after your rub!)
- Place the chicken in the oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours (until the juices run clear when you cut between the leg and thigh)
- Remove from oven, place on cutting board and cover with foil for about 15 minutes before carving
- About 30 minutes into your roasting, cover the top of your chicken with foil so that it doesn't burn
Powered by Recipage
If you have a recipe to share too...
Feel free to link up in this edition of #RECIPEFRIDAY!
Have a wonderFUl weekend!
Questions FU You...
How do you season your chicken?
Plans for the weekend?
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*