I went through my pantry and picked out a few ingredients which I hoped would make for something...
Yummy and delicious in less than 30 minutes! (Often the meals I prepare don't take much time...so I knew it wouldn't take me long anyway..it just happened to be under 30 lol)
Having said that...
It's really quite amazing what you can prepare in no time with just a few key things you have laying around for the using.
After my workout one day...
I turned on my element and got to cooking.
It can be a lot of FUn to just throw things together and it turn out to be something flavourful! (And even if it's not, at least you know you attempted something new, which brought out the creativity in you. I mean, you don't know until you try right?!)
I was happy when SuperFit said his pasta was mighty good! (Okay, he didn't use the word mighty but he did say something along the lines of "well, that was really good!")
Here's the recipe if you're wanting to try something new for dinner!
Savoury Tomato Sauce in 30 minutes...
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 3/4 of a 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can Tomato Soup, reduced sodium
- 1 (6 ounce) Can of Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (or vegetable)
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 to 3 tbsp cumin powder (to taste)
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized sauce pan, add in your olive oil over medium heat
- Once the oil is hot, add in your onions until slightly browned
- Add in your dried dried spices and stir
- Add in your crushed tomatoes, chicken stock, tomato soup and paste
- Add in your bay leaves
- Turn down your element to low and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Season as you go ... based on your own liking!
- If you like it hot, add in some chili flakes :)
- Feel free to freeze the leftover sauce in a freezer safe container. Dethaw and reheat before next use :)
Ways to use the tomato sauce
- In your spaghetti and feel free to add chicken to it to.
- A top your white fish, meatballs or a spoonful on your eggs.
Powered by Recipage
Okay so now it's your turn...
If you have a recipe to share for this edition of #RECIPEFRIDAY...
I can't wait to see what you've been making and loving as of late ;)
Have a great weekend everyone! (I hope it's sunny where you are!)
Questions FU You...
How often do you just whip something with stuff you find your pantry?
Plans for the weekend?
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*