With that chill...
Has come the need to make something to bring on the heat...
From the inside out.
On top of that...
Seeing that I'm still sick with this cold (that just won't seem to go away!)...
A nice bowl of smokey chili has seemed to hit the spot quite nice.
So let's get to it shall we?
Smokey Style Chili
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
- 2lbs of Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1 (15 ounce) Can of Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) Can of White Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) Can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can Tomato Soup, reduced sodium
- 1 (6 ounce) Can of Tomato Paste
- 1 (28 ounce) of crushed Tomatoes
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Chipotle Tabasco Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Montreal Steak Spice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, heat up your olive oil and brown your onions.
- Add in your meat, mix around and let cook until it has browned, slightly.
- Add in all of the spices, stir around, then add your crushed tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Add in your drained beans, slowly and carefully, mix around, gently.
- If the consistency is too thick, add in a bit of water.
- Cover and let simmer for about 1-3 hours (depending on how much time you have). Stir, occasionally - testing as you go - seeing if you require more salt, pepper and/or Tabasco sauce.
- Note: it can be served and ready to eat in about 20 minutes - but the longer you let simmer, the better tasting your chili will be.
Powered by Recipage
Alright so now it's your turn...
If you have a recipe you've been making and loving...
I can't wait to see what you've cooked up!
Have a great weekend everyone :)
|I'll toast to that!|
Question FU You...
Do you like chili?
Plans for the weekend?\
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*