A nice, warm bowl of fresh, homemade soup.
Since we had The Masta over for lunch this past weekend for sandwiches....
|On homemade Olive sourdough bread of course :)|
In a spur of the moment decision...
Why not make soup too.
Seeing that everyone (most) enjoy a nice cup or bowl of something warm...
Especially when the temperatures drop and...
When (perhaps) you're feeling a little under the weather (me, right now - wanh wanh)...
A great way to make yourself feel better...
Is soup. (Right?! Right.)
So I got all soupy and made this....
A perfect share for #RECIPEFRIDAY wouldn't you say?
Curried Sweet Potato Soup (dairy-free)
Prep Time: 10 minute
Cook Time: 30 minutes to 4 hours
Ingredients (4 bowls)
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder - or 2 inch, peeled and freshly pressed ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chicken stock
- 2 cups chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 an apple, baked and puréed.
- Cook your sweet potatoes in the microwave or in oven until inside is soft
- Spoon out the insides and place in a bowl, set aside
- In a medium pot, over medium/hight heat, add olive oil
- Let it heat up a little
- Add onions
- Let brown, slightly
- Add in your spices
- Stir around
- Add in sweet potatoes (and puréed apple if you so choose), followed by broth and water
- Stir, cover and bring to a boil
- Turn element down to low
- Stir and let simmer for an hour, while stirring occasionally
- Transfer to food processor or blender, and set to pulse until you reach a soup like consistency
- Transfer soup back to pot, and let simmer over low heat for another hour or so
- If the consistency is too thick, stir in some water as you see fit
- Once you are ready to eat, pour your serving into a bowl or mug and enjoy!
|Blendtec makes soup making so easy!|
Powered by Recipage
So now it's your turn...
If you have a recipe you've been making and loving...
I can't wait to see what you've cooked up :)
Have a restFUl weekend everyone! (I'm hoping to rid myself of this cold!!!)
Questions FU You...
Do you enjoy soup when your feeling under the weather?
What's your fave?
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*