Not for me (although they could be if I really wanted them to be) but...
For the puppies!
Like I mentioned a couple of weeks back...
I started creating my own dogs treats because there have been a few scares regarding some that are presently being sold on certain retail shelves.
I've been really enjoying baking for the pups and...
The fact that I know exactly what is going into my treats...
Makes me confident that they are getting the best from what I'm FUelling them with!
And what's even more awesome is the fact that...
I get to share these creations with my family too!
|I showed my little sis how to make treats for her pup!|
My brother couldn't resist having a taste for himself.
Speaking of family...
It's been super FUn to have Mr. FUntastic around town!
I think he's been enjoying my eats because he's been over almost every night! (I'm teaching him a thing or two when it comes to some of my favourite dishes, and how to prepare them!)
|I've been trying out Lotus Foods' rice.|
Their Volcano and Madagascar Pink Rice.
I found them at the Health Food Store and was totally intrigued.
So far so yummy!
And since my brother is a Geologist, I thought the Volcano Rice was perfect for him to try too!
|Teddy's been loving his big brother ;)|
Enough about me...
Let's talk recipe!
Easy, No Bake Sweet Potato & Blueberry Peanut Butter Squares...
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 large sweet potato (you can also try pumpkin)
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 packets of Stevia (not for dogs)
- Place the sweet potato in the microwave until cooked (each microwave is different. Mine takes approx. 8 minutes) Or, bake the your sweet potatoes in the oven at 350F until the interior is soft.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, put the remaining ingredients in a bowl, with the exception of the 1 tbsp of peanut butter.
- Mix well.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked, remove it from the microwave and slice it open (be careful, it's hot!).
- Scoop out the insides (discard the potato skin) and add to the bowl of ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Once the ingredients are all well combined, pour the mixture into a small, square, baking pan.
- Spread out the sweet potato mixture with a spoon so that the thickness of your brownies are about 1/2 to 3/4 inches high. You may only be able to fill half the baking pan.
- Place the leftover peanut butter in a bowl and microwave it for about 20 seconds.
- With a spoon, top the brownie pieces.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Cut out a small piece for yourself, or a little square bit to give to your dog(s) as a treat!
Powered by Recipage
Alright it's your turn...
If you have a recipe you've been making and loving...
I can't wait to see what you've cooked up!
Have a great (perhaps long) weekend everyone! (And, Happy Fourth of July to my American friends!)
|I'll be sure to savour up my time spent outside.|
Just going with the flow :)
Questions FU You...
Do you enjoy baking? For your FUrry friends?
Plans for the weekend?
More ways you can CONNECT with ME: