That will not stop me from sharing my recipe for homemade guacamole today!
After seeing a whole bunch of amazing Cinco de Mayo recipes...
|Like Lindsay's Mexican Themed Bites...|
|Or this sweet potato Mexican pie from Laura...|
I decided to hop on the bandwagon...
5 days later! (Better late than never right??! lol)
Let me give you a little recap from this past week.
After spending some time with the family over the weekend which then trickled into the week...
I took this time to disconnect myself a little more from all screens so that my attention could be focused on where it needed to be!
|Enhancing my focusing skills ;)|
I really savoured the moments shared! (FUlly, presently!)
When it came to my workouts...
I didn't get started on them before Tuesday.
I also added an extra rest day because I figured my body could use it! (You can't always push the machine. You need to give it a tune up from time to time if you want it to keep on going!)
|Enjoying the sunshine.|
And when it came to welcoming life interruptions...
I made sure to open myself up to them knowing that they are most likely to be reminders to myself that...
I need to look up, take a breather, and pay attention to what is going on around me too! (And not just in front of me!)
|I interrupted Teddy's duty as a watch dog in exchange for a time out...|
|He was happy.|
As for what's on deck for the weekend...
I'll be loafing around (of course) and...
I'll be enjoying some more time with family and friends!
Okay so now for my #RECIPEFRIDAY recipe!
As SuperFit and I have been on a huge Guacamole kick as of late...
I decided to make my own.
And like I said before...
The Cinco de Mayo theme that took over the blogging world really motivated me to do so!
So without FUrther ado...
Here's my recipe for Guacamole in 10!
Guacamole in 10
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 2 avocados
- 1/3 red onion, sliced and diced
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp fresh coriander, cut into small pieces
- 1 small black tomato, diced (regular tomato is fine)
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper (regular pepper is fine)
- Garlic salt to taste (regular salt is fine)
- Splash of Chipotle Tabasco Sauce (optional)
- Cut your avocados in half and remove the pits
- Spoon out the avocado into a bowl, then throw out the skin
- With a fork, mash the avocado
- Add in the lemon juice, salt, pepper, hot sauce, red onions, tomatoes and coriander and mix together until well dispersed
- Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage
It's over to you!
If you have a recipe you've been making and loving...
I can't wait to see what you've cooked up!
Have a great weekend!
Questions FU You...
How was your week? Any rest days so far?
Do you make your own guac? Share your recipe if you've got one!
Plans for the weekend?
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*
More ways you can CONNECT with ME: