What a day to get excited about! (It really doesn't take much to get me excited lol)
After a week filled with things to do...
I'm looking forward to relaxing and...
Taking things slower! (I do like being busy, but I do also love my time just being still, with no real plans other than to rest and go with the flow.)
|I will enjoy some running this weekend...|
Lucky for me...
I did get to loaf around mid-week...
Prepare a last minute dinner for family and friends!
So with that in mind....
What better way to segue into a new recipe I concoted and share it in this edition of...
Hope you like it!
Easy Tomato Basil and Olive Sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours (for maximum flavour)
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes (or 4-5 Italian Tomatoes tossed in the blender or food processor)
- 2 tbsp Olive Olive
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup of green and Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium sized sauce pan, add in olive oil - let it heat up
- Add in the onions, cook until soft
- Add in Oregano, salt and pepper, mix well
- Add in the tomatoes, stir
- Add in the basil leaves and chopped olives (optional), stir
- Simmer for 1-3 (hours, to allow flavour to build)
Powered by Recipage
Okay so now it's your turn...
If you have a recipe you've been making and loving...
I can't wait to see what you've cooked up!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Questions FU You...
Are you a saucy person?
Plans for the weekend?
Any plans on taking things slow?
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*
More ways you can CONNECT with ME: