You better believe that I will be making the most out of the next three days ahead!
The past three weeks have been amazing.
Having had the chance to...
Slow myself down;
Savour in the moments to be had, and...
Enjoy every single little bit that the holidays (and the last few days of the year) brought into my life...
I am filled with nothing but...
After spending our last couple of days of 2013 in beautiFUl Québec City (which we did a couple of years back too)...
This was a great way for us to really soak in the remaining days of the year, together!
|The view from our hotel.|
|The view from the streets of Old Québec.|
|Loving the quaint...|
|Historic, and romantic feel of...|
Le Quartier Petit Champlain.
|Bundling up and (em)bracing the cold Canadian weather.|
We also savoured our time away! (And, not just literally!)
|Enjoying some Canadian Maple Syrup on a stick.|
|Dancing 2013 away in the closed off streets then...|
Watching the fireworks from our hotel room.
While we loved our mini getaway (and the FUnny moments had...like my asking a random man out for dinner, thinking it was SuperFit)....
We did take the time to reflect upon the old year behind us and...
Talk about our intentions for the new year ahead.
After sharing with you my intentions for 2014 and...
My first word of intent for the year...
I look forward to what lays ahead, which...
I will embrace with open arms because...
I have faith that whatever may come my way will have its reason, time and place.
Having said all of that...
I'd like to finish off with a recipe in this edition of #RECIPEFRIDAY which...
I have faith will warm you right up!
Easy Vietnamese 'Pho'
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 8 cup chicken broth (reduced sodium)
- 3 cups water
- 2 yellow onions, halved
- 1, 6 inch ginger, halved
- 5 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp pepper
- 1 large package of rice noodles
- Chicken, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 mint leaves
- Green onion, chopped
- 2 Basil leaves
- 1/4 Lime
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Hoisin sauce (optional)
- In a large pot, over high heat, add olive oil, onions, star anise, cinnamon and ginger
- Let sizzle for about 2 minutes, while stirring
- Add broth and water
- Let boil, reduce heat to low
- Let simmer for about 2 hours, tasting and seasoning as you go
- Remove the onions, star anise, cinnamon sticks and ginger
- Place onion on a cutting board and save to top your noodle bowl
- Follow instructions on package
- In a heated, olive oil sprayed fry pan, add the chicken (or beef)
- Cook until ready
Bringing it together
- Once noodles have cooked, slowly add them to your broth
- Let simmer for about 5 minutes
- Slowly add your noodles and broth to a bowl
- Add protein, onions, and remainder of toppings of choice
Powered by Recipage
So now it's your turn...
If you have a recipe you've been making and loving...
I can't wait to see what you've cooked up!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Questions FU You...
How did you ring in the New Year?
Plans for the weekend?