And I don't mean like...
"Holy moly that was such a rush!" but more like...
"Holy cow, it's already that time!".
|Good thing I got some FUel to keep me going ;)|
Despite my being mindFUl of slowing down...
I still feel as though I've been going from one thing to the next without real pause in between everything.
With that said...
I'm finding myself standing here, writing this post, sipping coffee, while cooking and eating pancakes (recipe below) as I go along!
**Actually, just before writing that sentence, I told myself to take a deep breath, savour my food, my coffee, and the moment, instead of scarfing everything down.**
|Standing, eating, sipping and writing.|
As I've been embracing my change of pace (even with the motion sickness I've faced over the past few days)...
I can tell you, without hesitation that...
There is still some adjusting that needs to take place. (I'm not going to lie, as much as I've been enjoying taking the bus, it's been cutting into my time to decompress.)
I have faith that I will find my groove soon enough.
|My word of the year....|
I had this little rock sitting right in front of me at my desk.
It's been there for years.
That being said ....
I've been doing as much as I can when I can...
Reminding myself of this notion pretty well each and every day of this week.
|Love that I got to train with my awesome friend Nikki on Monday!|
|Feeling strong during my workouts...|
Yet slightly rushed to get to the gym.
|Taking time to rest up because my body and cranium called for it.|
You gotta listen :)
You better believe though (with the weekend upon us!) that...
I'll be enjoying my time loafing around this weekend, in my pjs!
|My latest creation :)|
Now for my recipe you've all been waiting for! (Right?!! lol)
|Welcome to #RECIPEFRIDAY!|
For the past couple of weeks...
I've been on a pancake kick.
I've been trying out different pancake versions as I go along (testing out different combos and protein powders<--they all pretty well generate the same results)...
I've been keeping them low carb too. (The carbs being from fibrous sources. Although, I did make a high carb version as well.)
Please enjoy my 5 ingredient low carb protein pancakes!
5 Ingredient Low Carb Protein Pancakes
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Ingredients (3 medium/large sized pancakes)
- 1 scoop protein powder (of choice)
- 1/2 cup egg whites (I use Burnbrae Farms Egg Whites)
- 1/2 small zucchini (not necessary)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup water (or a little less)
- 2 packets of Stevia (to sweeten)
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup berries, 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 sweet potato, 1/2 banana (this no longer makes it low carb)
- Blend your ingredients in a blender
- In a small or medium sized fry pan, spray with cooking oil, over medium heat
- Once hot, pour in 1/3 of your mixture
- Let cook for about 2-3 minutes
- Flip to cook other side
- Another 2 to 3 minutes
- Once both sides are cooked, flip onto a plate, and repeat process
- Sprinkle with stevia (I like NOW Vanilla Stevia) or your favourite topping :)
- Don't get flip excited! Wait to flip your pancake once the bottom half is 'hard'. If not, you won't get the perfect pancake.
Powered by Recipage
If you have a recipe you've been making and loving...
I can't wait to see what you've cooked up!
Have a restFUl weekend my friends!
Questions FU You...
Have you felt rushed this week?
Are you mindFUl of slowing down when you feel like you're in the fast lane?
So, do you love pancakes?
Posts you may have missed this week:
Rid yourself of clutter: 4 reasons why it's good for you!
Core Power Giveaway: There's still a chance to enter :)
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*
More ways you can CONNECT with ME: