Happy #RECIPEFRIDAY to you!
|Hoooooray for FUriday ;)|
I'm so excited that it's Friday today because...
It's the long weekend and...
SuperFit and I are headed to Lake Placid!
|But not to bike!|
Our plan is to...
Hike up Mount Marcy and...
Simply enjoy our time together in a new environment! (For me at least, I've never been!)
|Hiking up to the Fire Tower at the top of Luskville Falls!|
We have amazing trails near us :)
Having said that...
The weather is definitely not on our side so...
We will do our best given what we have to work with!
|It's not looking good lol|
I should probably tell you that I'm a newbie when it comes to hiking (I don't think the Spartan Races count as hiking excursions right?! lol)...
I've only ever gone less than two handFUl of times and therefore...
I know I'm in for one total new experience! (It's supposed to take an entire day to hike up Mount Marcy...like 7-8 hours to summit but, be rest assured...we are both mindFUl of the weather...)
Having said all of that...
SuperFit is a master hiker (is there something he's not good at?! lol)...
|My amazing cycling coach :)|
I know I've got what (and who) I need for this hiking adventure!
|I never, ever, ever, thought I'd own a pair of hiking boots.|
I also said I'd never get into fitness either lol
I'm looking forward to what this weekend will bring! (Which I know, is a lot of rain lol!)
At least we've been FUelling up nicely this past week ;)
|Extra Lean BBQ Bison Burgers with Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries :)|
Extra Lean BBQ Bison Burgers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/2 lb Extra Lean Ground Bison (or meat of your choice)
- 2 tbsp Egg Whites (or 1 egg)
- 1 tsp Ground Sage
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp MTL Steak Spice
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup Mushrooms
- 3/4 Small Onion, chopped
- BBQ Sauce (of choice, to flavour)
- Goat Cheese (to top)
- Your choice!
- In a medium sized bowl, add in your meat, egg whites and spices
- Mix together until evenly combined
- Roll your meat into 4 small patties
- Place aside
- In a heated, large non-stick EVOO Oil sprayed fry pan, gently place your 4 patties
- Let cook
- Turn over once 1/2 the patty has turned brown
- Leave in pan until cooked then, remove from heat
- While the patties are cooking....
- In a small, non-stick EVOO Oil sprayed fry pan, add in your onions and mushrooms
- Cook and stir around until slightly browned
- Add in your BBQ Sauce to coat your mushrooms and onions
- Let cook for about 2 more minutes then, remove from heat
- Feel free to toast or grill your burger bun (or, leave it as is)
Putting it together
- Place your burger patty on one 1/2 of the bun and, top it with your BBQ Mushrooms/Onions then, add the Goat Cheese
- Serve alongside Oven-Baked Fries or Salad.
- Feel free to enjoy to enjoy the burger 'open-faced'
Powered by Recipage
Hope you like my #RECIPEFRIDAY recipe!
Now that I've shared my fave recipe of the week...
It's your turn!
Have a fabulous weekend everyone!
Questions FU You...
Have you ever been hiking? If so, where?
Plans for the weekend?
Favourite burger topping?
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*
More ways you can CONNECT with ME: