|It's time to let it all hang out ;)|
I hope everyone had a great week filled with...
All the good things that FUel you right up!
My week was FUll of that good stuff where...
I was able to enjoy many of the things that make my life complete!
|ThankFUl for the Starbucks gift card I received from |
Christine on one chilly morning.
My coffee warmed me up with grateFUlness.
|Really enjoying my workouts...|
|I swear! ;)|
|Cuddles with Bear.|
Not only that but...
I've been able to experience many firsts...
Especially on the kitchen front!
From loafing around...
|Such a great day!|
Experimenting with soup making...
|Will share this ubber simple recipe next week.|
Beginning my own bread starter (with the help of John)...
|That's how much its grown since Wednesday.|
I've been taking the time to slow myself down in my meal making (creating) and simply...
Putting more of that karma and sweat into it! (So far so tasty! hehe)
Even in my fancy pants.
Having said all that...
Please enjoy my very first potage (soup) I have ever made from scratch!
Perfect and filling for this chilly winter season!
Simple Sweet Potato Curry Potage
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth - feel free to use low sodium)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and microwave your sweet potatoes until soft
- In a large pot, over medium heat, add in your olive oil , then add the onions
- Once onions have softened, add in your dry ingredients
- Mix for about 1 minute, evenly coating the onions
- Add sweet potatoes, followed by your chicken broth and water
- Stir and cover
- Once you reach a boil, reduce heat to low
- Let simmer for approximately 20 minutes
- Remove from heat
- In a blender, pour in your soup
- Blend until smooth
- Transfer to pot, cover, and let simmer for another 20 minutes (or serve right away)
- Portion out your servings into a bowl and enjoy!
We enjoyed our potage with a side of our very own homemade bread!
Powered by Recipage
Okay so now it's your turn!
If you have a recipe you've been making and loving...
I can't wait to see what you've cooked up!
Have a great weekend! (I'm attempting my first loaf of bread all on my own, like a big girl! lol)
|Can't wait for Sushi tonight!|
Questions FU You...
Do you have any firsts this week? In the kitchen, gym, life?
Plans for the weekend?
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*
More ways you can CONNECT with ME: