Something I've been enjoying a lot of as late.
|Not always literally though hehe|
The more time I take to sit back, relax and allow life to enter (my entire being)...
The more I am able to savour everything around me on much deeper, personal level! (One that has enabled me to get a taste of life in a whole different kind of way!)
As I've been sharing with you my experiences in my efforts to slow down over the past month or so...
Every day that's passed since the beginning of it all...
Has been an opportunity for me to sip back (and enjoy) the moments that have presented themselves, in their entirety. (Moments planned, unplanned, known and unknown.)
|Cherishing the in-between moments with Jeff Goins.|
One gulp at a time ;)
And that would include...
The painFUl (but oh so good) massages I've been treating my
|My 10k run from the other day :)|
I know I will be savouring a few more massages in the near FUture!
If there's one thing this challenge has taught me it's that...
I don't need to rush myself through life.
I need to allow whatever that is to come my way to....
Make its way at its own pace.
It's not about...
How quickly I can get myself from one place to the next! (The goal is not to go as fast as I can. The goal is to learn from the path I have taken (and will end up taking). It also reinforces my need to be patient with myself and in life no matter how long it takes me to get to where I want to go (or where I'm destined to get to!). I will get there. I just need to embrace the journey.)
|Savouring the beauty in what lies ahead.|
So on the topic of savouring...
Let's get on with the recipe I want to share with you in this edition of...
#RECIPEFRIDAY shall we!
This is something I randomly threw together (which tends to be how I cook on most days) which....
Turned out to be really
Simple and Savoury Oatmeal Protein Oat Cake
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup Burnbrae Farms Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup Quaker Oatmeal
- 2 tbsp Ground Flax Seeds
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- Pinch of Garlic Salt
- Dash of Paprika
- Pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients with the exception of the whole egg
- Mix together until well combined
- In a heated, EVOO oil sprayed fry pan, add in your pancake mixture
- Cook one side until slightly browned then, flip to cook the other
- In a separate, EVOO Oil sprayed fry pan, crack open your egg and cook it to your desired liking (sunny side up, over-easy etc.)
- Once pancake is cooked, flip it onto a plate
- Top it with your fried egg and pierce it open
- Feel free to add any topping of choice such as, raspberries, basil leaves, PB, dijon mustard, be as creative as you wish!
Powered by Recipage
Okay now it's your turn!
If you have a recipe you've been making and loving...
I can't wait to see what you've cooked up!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Questions FU You...
Have you been slowing down lately?
Plans for the weekend?
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*
More ways you can CONNECT with ME: