This week has gone by so fast...
|I ran my fastest 5k last night!|
I'm so totally happy for all of the 'time outs' I took this week in order slow myself right down in the midst of it all! (In the shuffle and 'busyness' of my everyday life as of late, I've been purposeFUlly taking the time to pause and breeeeeeeeeaathe!)
|Sitting and enjoying the calm moment...|
One little sip at a time :)
I have to admit...
The slow down challenge has been quite instrumental in my being more mindFUl about taking things slow that...
As a result...
I've become more and more grateFUl for all of the extra moments I've been able to savour because of it!
|Taking the time to slow down, pause and breathe.|
Ain't no time like the present!
Natural Frequency watch by Philip Stein
Has the ability to calm and relax you as well as act as a stress reliever.
I've also been working on a few areas of my life that I felt like I was pushing aside over the past little while...
Slowly but ever so surely...
I've been giving myself the chance and opportunity to give my entire being more of the attention it requires in bringing myself back to a more balanced frame of mind! (Slowing down my thoughts and actions, and taking a look within for clarity!)
|Me and my Bear enjoying the great outdoors on the most quiet of days.|
Having said that...
Devoting myself, this past Sunday, to taking every moment as slowly as possible...
Left me feeling more refreshed and recharged! (Felt so good!)
In addition to that...
It also led me to do some experimenting in the kitchen too!
In this edition of #RECIPEFRIDAY....
I hope you will enjoy and savour what I have created for you! (And me! hehe)
|The low carb version :)|
Sweet & Savoury Spaghetti Squash Protein Loaves!
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- 1/2 cup cooked Spaghetti Squash
- 1/3 cup Quaker Oatmeal
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax Seeds
- 1/2 Banana (optional)
- 2 tbsp Burnbrae Farms Egg Whites
- 1 tsp Carob Chips (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup cooked Spaghetti Squash
- 2 tbsp Ground Flax Seeds
- 1/4 cup Egg Whites
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Vanilla Stevia (2 drops or 1/2 a packet)
- After baking your spaghetti squash, fork out the insides and place in a bowl
- Pre-heat your oven to bake at 385F and spray your mini loaf pan (or muffin pan) with cooking spray (of choice)
- In a separate bowl, add the banana half and mash it
- Add in the remaining ingredients in the bowl, including the spaghetti squash
- Mix together with a spoon
- Spoon out the mixture and fill the empty spots of your bakeware
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes
- Remove from the oven and enjoy warm or cool!
- The same instructions apply for the low carb version.
Powered by Recipage
Strange but good yes?
Okay so now...
It's your turn!
If you have a recipe you've been making and loving...
I can't wait to see what you've cooked up!
Cheers to a slow weekend my friends!
Questions FU You...
Are you taking things slow...or taking 'time-outs'?
Plans for the weekend?
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*
More ways you can CONNECT with ME: