This Slow Down Challenge has come into my life at the perfect time seeing that...
Everything else around me has been going at lightening speed!
|Nothing like a workout to centre myself.|
Like I mentioned the other day...
I've been making a point to slow down on many fronts while, at the same time...
Find a way to better pace myself as a whole.
|I decided to go out for a long run on Saturday.|
The plan was to slow down, pace myself and enjoy every.single.stride.
I had planned on running 15k but ended up running the distance of a half-marathon.
I felt good.
I felt good being at peace with my thoughts early in the a.m.
Over the past few days...
The hours have been passing me by very quickly BUT (big but)...
I've been taking it upon myself to pause.breathe and...
Slow down before I continue on again with all that I'm doing! (Work.Life.Training.Everything.)
|Taking a time out.|
As I've been digging deeper into the notion of slowing down...
I've realized that....
No matter how 'busy' life may get...
I am - we are...
In control of our own state of being as the world goes round! (No matter how fast it may be going at times!)
I can slow it down.
I can slow it down by...
- Stopping: Everything that I'm doing in that moment in time.
- Breathing: In and out to allow myself to catch my breath when I feel like I haven't gasped for air in far too long.
- Re-focusing: By taking my mind elsewhere and giving it a break from what I am doing...even if it's just for a few minutes. Meditating has worked wonders.
- Re-Grouping: By bringing myself back to the flow of it all knowing that I've taken the opportunity to take a breather, re-group and centre my thoughts; and...
- Pacing myself: By understanding that the rush of being busy is only temporary, pacing myself in the things I am doing will only make me more efficient at what it is I'm actually working towards....Knowing that all of my attention is focused on what is happening right now, in the present moment.
|A pinnable reminder :)|
Having said all of that...
Being mindFUl that I also need to take care of my body by feeding it with the FUel it deserves...
This I know will allow me to move forward with the energy I need to keep on going!
|Linking up to Jenn's WIAW.|
|Oatmeal Zucchini Protein Bites.|
I added another small zucchini to add some greenness and...
Dipped them in some PB2 :)
|Banana Muffin Quest Bar.|
I'm running on low so I'm gonna have to stock up soon!
|Dijon Mustard Grain Salmon salad in a homemade Balsamic Vinagrette.|
|Seared Tuna Steak with a side salad.|
|Low Carb Chicken Marinara Sauce over Shirataki Noodles|
Low Carb Chicken Marinara Shirataki Noodle Bowl
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1 Chicken breast, cubed
- 3/4 cup of Plum tomato juice (from blended tomatoes or can)
- 3 small Plum tomatoes, cubed
- 1/2 small Onion, diced
- 1/3 cup Mushrooms
- 1/3 cup Zucchini
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Chicken stock
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp fresh or dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp dried Chilli Flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shirataki Vermicelli (you can use any noodle type you want)
- Protein can be swapped for another source (tofu, tempeh, ground meat)
- You can use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock
- In a medium, EVOO oil sprayed fry pan, add in your onions
- Once slightly browned, add in your vegetables, spices then, the tomato juice and paste
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add in your diced chicken, and coat with sauce
- Let simmer for another 10 minutes, until chicken has cooked
- As your sauce is simmering, add water to a pot and bring to a boil
- After rinsing off your Shirataki Noodles (once or twice), add them to the boiling water
- Let cook for about 2-3 minutes
Bringing it together
- In a bowl, add in your noodles then, top it with your Chicken Marinara Sauce.
- You can also mix it all together in a pot if you prefer.
Powered by Recipage
|Some weekend snacking.|
I love these.
|My friend's bday cake.|
Red Velvet sweetnesss :)
Teddy wanted to remind you of a little something (before I get going!)...
Have a great day friends! (And remember to slow down! We aren't meant to rush through life!)
Questions FU You...
What are some ways in which you pace yourself?
What have you been FUelling yourself with these days?
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*
More ways you can CONNECT with ME: