Welcome to another edition of #RECIPEFRIDAY!
Sit back, relax and prepare to be hungry ;)
Today I have something special for ya as...
Not only do I have a new recipe to share but...
I also have a giveaway of a product I've come to love over the past little while!
As you know...
I love Stevia as a sweetening alternative!
I pretty well use it to sweeten anything I want sweetened! (I am a sweets lover after all! hehe!)
|Did someone say *CaNdY*?!|
When the friendly people over at NuNaturals sent me a case of their Stevia products (in addition to some baking products which I have yet to put to use!)...
I got excited! (Especially since I'd heard so many great things about their stuff!)
After doing a little research about the company and their product...
I was happy to read that...
|To learn more...|
Feel free to peruse their website!
I will admit...
Using liquid drops seemed a bit odd to me at first because...
I've only ever used the powdered stuff so...
I hesitated upon my first try to sweeten my first test 'subject'! (If you will!)
|Meg from A Dash of Meg suggested I try the Lemon NuStevia in my Greek Yogurt topped with Flax Seeds.|
After putting about 8-10 drops into my Greek Yogurt, mixing it around and freezing it for about 15 minutes (I like to freeze my GY for a little while)...
Amazing! (Meg, you were totally right!)
After getting a taste of that awesomeness...
I later replicated the same thing but added the Pure Liquid Vanilla NuStevia! (I split the drops half and half)
|I came to make many varieties ;)|
If I can tell you one thing..
The flavours I used were bang on (Peppermint, Chocolate, Vanilla, Lemon and Orange) and...
They didn't leave any weird aftertaste! (Nor did I have to use a lot of it to sweeten up my goods!)
**My favourite are the Chocolate, Vanilla and Lemon**
After testing these out...
I decided to put on my baker's hat and get more creative with NuNaturals!
This is what I ended up making:
Low carb Chocolate protein brownie sundae! (Hey, nothing like replicating a fave treat the healthy way!)
|I made a bite size version as well!|
You know I love anything bite sized!
Want the recipe?
I thought you'd never ask! ;)
** I made this some time ago, I just never came around to sharing the recipe! My bad!**
Low Carb Chocolate Brownie Sundae
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10-20 minutes
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (I use High Whey Revolution)
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax Seeds
- About 2/3 cup Egg Whites
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 8 drops Chocolate NuNaturals Liquid Stevia
- Splash of water (if required)
- 2 tbsp 0% Greek Yogurt
- 4 drop Vanilla Nunaturals Liquid Stevia
- If you don't have NuNaturals, feel free to use another stevia sweetener of choice
- Pre-heat your oven to 375F
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients together (with the exception of the water)
- Mix well until the mixture becomes thick and gooey in consistency (not too thick and not too liquidy)
- Spoon in the brownie dough into a lightly sprayed Olive Oil ramekin dish
- Place in the oven and cook for about 10-20 minutes
- Once cooked, remove from oven and let cool
- Only use the water if your consistency is too thick
- To see if your brownie is cooked, poke a cake tester (or knife) through the cake and be sure nothing stays stuck when taking it out
- In a bowl, combine your Greek Yogurt and NuNaturals Vanilla Liquid Stevia.
- Mix well
- Once your brownie has cooled, top it with the Vanilla Greek Yogurt and sprinkle with cinnamon or cocoa powder
- Feel free to top your sundae with anything you please such as berries, bananas, nuts, anything.
- You have the option of topping your brownie with the Greek Yogurt while hot but, warm yogurt isn't amazing.
- You can use a whoopie pan to make a bite size version
Powered by Recipage
Okay so now it's your turn!
If you have a recipe you've been making and loving...
I can't wait to see what you've cooked up!
Now for the giveaway!
NuNaturals is awarding 4 lucky readers the chance to win one bottle of each the Lemon, Chocolate, Orange and Peppermint Liquid Stevia.
All you need to do is enter! (Easy as 1.2.3!)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Can't wait to see if you've won?!
I'm happy to share that NuNaturals is offering a 15% discount on all orders until December 30, 2013. Just use the code: BLG1213 when ordering from www.nunaturals.com
Good luck and happy #RECIPEFRIDAY friends!
Questions FU You...
Have you ever tried NuNaturals? If so, what's your fave flavour?
What are you up to this weekend?
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*
More ways you can follow ME: