Happy What I Ate Wednesday to you! (I tapped into my holiday bank and made this week a two day week! WoOp WoOp!)
I gotta admit...
It feels great to be off! (Plus, I have a few things I need to get done before the weekend so this time will be well accounted for!)
Aside from my list of to do's...
I will most definitely sit back, relax and enjoy the summer season (when it's not raining!) for all it has to offer!
Speaking of rain...
We did have to wake up bright and early this past Sunday morning to beat the rain for..
The photoshoot SuperFit and I did with our super photographer friend Chris!
Did I mention I had no idea I was going to be a part of this shoot?!
SuperFit filled me in the day before he was scheduled to rock it solo with his Ducati Monster! (It took me no time to decide what to wear! FUew hehe)
|SuperFit and his monster!|
I had FUn doing it! (The moment we wrapped things up, it started to rain! Talk about good timing!)
|Going with the flow and pretending to ride this monster like I have a license too! lol|
I must say...
Chris picked an awesome location! (I'd never been to Tatlock before!)
On top of that...
His artistic approach, attention to detail and professionalism made the experience even more special! (I've only ever done a handFUl of photoshoots in my life so, I always appreciate the direction! Both SuperFit and Chris (were) are great when it comes to that!)
Here are a few more shots from our shoot...
Some pics that Chris has taken of me in the past!
|My first 'fitness' photoshoot!|
(2 weeks out from my very first competition)
|Same day as photoshoot #2.|
|It was that cold out.|
I was freezing in the picture up above!
Thanks Chris! (You can check out some of his work over at www.chriskiezphotography.com)
You ready for some food?!
Here's a peek into what I've been eating as of late!
Thanks Jenn for this great link up!
|Oatmeal Protein Bites|
My most favourite thing ever!
|Egg White Bites topped with NOW Vanilla Stevia!|
|Oven-broiled Mrs. Dash Crusted Rainbow Trout and oven-broiled broccoli.|
|Mini Meatloaf with oven baked sweet potatoes.|
|The same without the sweet potatoes.|
|BBQ Salmon and Asparagus.|
We had this over at Chris' place after our photoshoot!
Last but not least...
|SuperFit thoroughly enjoyed these :)|
Savoury BBQ Chicken Kabobs
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 Chicken Breast, cubed
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, cubed into large chunks
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper, cubed into large chunks
- 1/2 Onion, sliced into large pieces
- 2-3 tbsp Char Crust Dry Rub Seasoning (or seasoning blend of your choice)
- 1 tbsp BBQ Sauce (optional - of your choice)
- 2-3 Sish Kabob Skewers
- Heat your BBQ to medium/high
- In a bowl, combine the BBQ sauce and dry rub seasoning
- Mix well
- Add in your cubed chicken and coat evenly
- Taking one of your skewers, add a piece of pepper, onion and chicken one by one (by poking a hole in the skewer) until it reaches an inch from the top
- Continue doing this until you have no more ingredients left
- Place your skewers on the BBQ and cook for about 7 minutes each side (until cooked)
- Remove from BBQ, plate and enjoy!
- If you want a low sodium option, try Mrs. Dash seasoning or combine Cumin, Garlic Powder, Dried Chives, Sage and Pepper.
Powered by Recipage
That's it that's all folks!
Have a tasty Wednesday!
|I'm off to train Shoulders and Abs later on this a.m.|
I did Back and Biceps last night :)
Questions FU You...
What's tasty in your Wednesday?
What do you love cooking on the BBQ?
Are you exercising today?
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*
Friday is #RECIPEFRIDAY!
If you have a recipe you want to link up to...
More ways you can follow ME: