Happy #RECIPEFRIDAY to you!
I have special guest who will be sharing a very special recipe with you all!
My Florida Fitness Aylmer Teammate...
Karine Lamarche! (You can read more about her here!)
I thought what better way to get a peek into what other competitors are eating than to have a competitor share what they've been making and FUelling up with too! (I'll have a few other Teammates that will be sharing some of their recipes so, be on the look out for that within the coming weeks!)
I should mention...
I approached Karine...
I wanted a taste at what she's been up to in the kitchen! (Ummmm ya!)
Having said that....
Here is Karine's signature recipe for her Protein Packed Stuffed Peppers! (Competition prep approved!)
Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 Red Pepper ( or color of choice) I prefer red :)
- 1lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup of Mushrooms (chopped finely)
- 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp of no sugar added tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp of Chili Powder ( you can also use low sodium taco seasoning)
- Chili flakes to your liking (optional but i like a bit of heat)
- Grated Allegro Cheese (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 350F
- In a saucepan, heat up oil, and sauté garlic, onions and mushrooms until fragrant.
- Add ground turkey and cook until its no longer pink
- Add water and chili powder, chili flakes and mix well
- Add Tomato paste and mix again
- Cook for another few minutes and remove from heat and out aside.
- Cut you pepper in half or cut the top off (I find cutting it in half works better) and remove all seeds.
- In an over safe pan, place the pepper, fill it with the ground turkey mixture.
- Cover the pan with foil
- Put in oven for 25 minutes
- After 25 minutes in the over, remove the foil and sprinkle the allegro cheese on top of the peppers and put back in the oven for a minute or until the cheese has melted and then remove from over.
- Serve peppers over white basmati rice. Careful they will be extremely hot! Enjoy!
- The recipe makes more than one serving, simply adjust if you want to make less :)
Powered by Recipage
Looks tasty don't it?! (Proof that competition eats don't have to be boring!)
Thanks Karine for sharing your recipe with us! (And,...continue rocking that prep of yours! WoOp WoOP!)
|Karine's 2013 progress...|
4 weeks in!
Okeee so in keeping with #RECIPEFRIDAY tradition...
Now it's your turn to share your recipe!
I can't wait to see what you've cooked up!
Alright, that's it for me today because...
I've got to get going! (I'm headed home from Montreal...woooopeee!)
|I had a great meet up with my cousin last night :)|
Oh and (I know, I know, I said that was it!)...
Just in case you missed yesterday's post on taking control and sticking with it (whether you're at home or away!)...
Here's the post:
Sticking With It: It's In Your Hands!
|My workouts at the hotel gym this week have been FUreakin' awesome!|
So happy with this gym :)
I hope you all have a great weekend!
How do you like stuffing your peppers?
Plans for the weekend?
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*