Happy #RECIPEFRIDAY to you!
As I've been preparing for the OPA Ontario Championships coming up in June...
You know that I've been putting my creativity to the works when it comes to my competition eats!
Why make my food boring when the journey to the stage is the exact opposite?! (The journey is a lot of things but one thing it's not...is boring!)
|Putting my creativity to work ;)|
Onto the 'meat' of #RECIPEFRIDAY...
I had one of my FFA Teammates share with you her recipe for...
|Turkey Stuffed Peppers|
I have another Teammate who will be...
Sharing a recipe she's been loving as she gets ready for the stage!
Well, the wonderFUl MP!
|Photo by Chris Kiez.|
|Here we are at the OPA Ottawa Championships!|
We are now both getting ready for the Provincials in June!
Both suits designed by the amazing Joan MacDonald from
Daydreams Fitness Wear
Enough with my jibber jabbering and let's...
Give a tasty welcome to Marie-Pierre! (You can read more about her here!)
|Photo by Chris Kiez.|
Thanks FU and hi everyone :)
As a competitor, I eat so much chicken that baking without sauce can become boring so, when I found a new way to cook my chicken breasts online, I couldn't wait to give it a try! To my excitement, it ended up being a cooking method that kept my chicken moist and full of flavour so, ever since then, I've been cooking my chicken like this!
To me, dieting is all about experimenting and being creative with the food you're allowed to eat. If you think about it, there are so many different types of veggies, herbs and spices to choose from that you simply can't get bored!
If I crave something, I try my best to make a healthier and cleaner version of it while keeping the same taste.
So, with that in mind, here's a recipe I hope you will enjoy!
It has a blend of my favourite flavours mixed together. It's spicy yet fresh and light all at the same time!
MP's Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken and Cauliflower Curry!
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1 chicken breast
- Water or sodium free chicken broth (just enough cover chicken in the pot)
- Spices of your choice (I've used Mrs. Dash, Garam Masala, Curry and Mexican spices)
- 1 cauliflower chopped into pieces
- 1 bag of fresh spinach
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 piece of fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp. Red curry (I love very spicy curry)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. curcuma
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- A handful of fresh cilantro
For the slower cooker chicken
- Put the chicken breast in the slow cooker, add just enough liquid to cover and spices
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours
- Once done put your chicken in a Pyrex container and cut it with a spatula
- Add a bit of the cooking liquid to keep it moist
- Enjoy it as a snack, added it to a meal or mix it with salsa!
For the cauliflower curry
- Spray a pan with non-stick spray add onion garlic and ginger and cook until soft
- Add spices and cook a few more minutes
- Add cauliflower pieces and a bit of water (about a 1/4 cup only ), turn the heat up and cover to steam until cauliflower is cooked but still firm
- Add spinach mix and cover for 2 /3 minutes more (note: they cook pretty fast)
- Finish off with the fresh cilantro
- Serve with some chicken and brown rice or quinoa
- When not in contest prep I would make this using coconut oil instead of Pam and I would add some dry raisins at the end :)
Powered by Recipage
Oh my FUreakin' goodness does it ever look good!
Thank you MP for sharing this flavourFUl dish with us!
And you are totally right...
There are so many things we can do to keep the food we eat FUn and tasty that it's up to us to keep it creative!
Merci! (On se voit au gym bientôt! xo)
Now it's your turn!
If you have a recipe you'd like to share...
I can't wait to see what you've cooked up!
Until next time...
Have a great weekend! (And Happy Easter to those who celebrate!)
Don't forget to #FUFACE ;)
Questions FU You..
Do you use a slow cooker? Do share your recipe(s)!
Plans for the weekend?
Other way you can follow THA FU:
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*