Happy What I Ate Wednesday to you!
|My name is FU and...|
I'm happy it's Wednesday :)
If one thing's for sure...
I'm really glad to be back home and in my kitchen after spending 5 days on the road!
|Let's just say...|
Things have been popping in my cuisine!
I missed my home cooked meals and simply being in the comfort of my own home!
How I missed these!
Over the past few days in my competition prep...
My eats have been pretty repetitive (on the menu front of things) if I compare them to weeks past!
I mean, at this point...
I've pretty well figured out some key dishes I love so no doubt...
They find themselves on the rotation quite often! (But don't you worry, I'm still creating and will be sharing some tasty new things soon!)
|Oatmeal Protein Muffin Tops!|
|Egg White Bowl!|
That being said though...
As I get closer to the date of my competition...
My eats will get a little more plain as we move forward! (Which is okay because food in its natural state is good too! Unless of course, it's dry lol)
|Nothing beats heart shaped Tuna Steaks :)|
It's the name of the game so I just have to roll with it!
In other words...
The regime I'm following is to FUel my body with the energy it requires (given all the exercise I do)...
And more specifically...
It's meant to generate results! (But don't get me wrong, I love food and I love to eat which is a big reason why I keep things FUn and interesting in the kitchen no matter if things are plain or not!)
|I may not be able to have cake but I can most certainly smell like one!|
With all of that being said and...
In keeping with my competition themed WIAW...
|Thanks Jenn for this great way to share my eats!|
Here's a peek into what I've been eating as of late!
|I finally bought the carton of Burnbrae Farms Egg Whites! lol|
|You know I love me my Egg White Bites!|
|Or tops :)|
|Oven Baked Dijon and Rosemary Salmon!|
|Nothing like mustard to brighten things up hehe|
|Bowl of greens :)|
Speaking of food, proteins and greens...
Here's a recipe for one of my fave chicken salads!
Spiced Chicken Salad with Lemon Sumac Dressing
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 Chicken Breast (cubed)
- 2 T Dry Rub Seasoning of choice (or a pinch of Garlic Salt, Dried Oregano, Paprika and Chili Flakes)
- Splash of Olive Oil for coating
- Veggies of choice
Dressing - Optional
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 T Maille Dijon Mustard (optional)
- 1 tsp Sumac
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add in your chicken and give it a light spray of Olive Oil (I use EVOO)
- Add in your dry rub or the seasoning blend I listed up above
- Mix the chicken and spices around until it is evenly coated with spices
- In a heated, non-stick fry pan, add in the chicken and cook for about 10 minutes (keep an eye on the chicken and turn it over from time to time)
- Add the listed ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until it becomes thick in consistency (there shouldn't be any kind of separation between the olive oil and the Lemon juice)
- Once the chicken has cooked, remove from heat
- In a large bowl, add in your lettuce (and any other vegetable you wish to include in your salad)
- Add 1 T of dressing to your salad (save the rest of the vinaigrette for later by storing it in the fridge in a Tupperware container)
- Mix your salad around
- Top with Chicken
- Serve and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage
That's it for me for today!
#RECIPEFRIDAY is coming up so get cooking! (So that you can link up!)
I want to see what you've been making in your kitchens!
Have a great day friends!
Questions FU You...
Do you prefer home cooked meals or going out to restaurants?
How do you like to season your food? Spices or sauces?
Other way you can follow THA FU:
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*