If you're new to the club...
This day is dedicated to sharing your favourite recipe of the week! (Something you've made and loved over the past 7 days and want to share for the very first time or again!)
And as for me...
It means sharing with you a new recipe I've put together, tried, tested and ate! ;)
I have something Mmmmm Mmmm good and that is...
Sweet Potato Protein Brownies!
And let me tell you...
It is gooooood! (Well, at least I think it is!)
I should mention...
Because I love anything bite sized...
I also made these brownies into little bites of goodness too! (Nothing like offering a variety of ways to eat up something tasty!)
As always (and as some of you may already know)...
I like to keep my recipes simple so...
Here's proof on how easy it is to make this yummy, protein packed dish!
Sweet Potato Protein Brownies (or Bites)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 2 Medium Sized Sweet Potatoes
- 1 cup Egg Whites
- 1 cup Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup 0% Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Ground Flax Seeds
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 3 tbsp sohotsauce Gingerly Hot (more info coming to you on this amazing product)
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Carob Chips
**Note: You can opt out of using the oatmeal and simply reduce the amount of egg whites to about 1/2 cup and greek yogurt to 1/3 cup**
- Pre-heat your oven to bake at 385F
- Microwave two large sweet potatoes until soft in the centre (poke a few holes in it)
- In a blender or food processor, pulse your ingredients together (minus the seeds, cranberries and carob chips)
- Once blended, pour your mixture into a large bowl and add in remaining ingredients
- In a medium sized, olive oil sprayed baking pan (or mini muffin pan), pour in your mixture
- Place in oven and cook for about 30-35 minutes (until thoroughly cooked)
- Remove from oven
- Let stand
- Serve and Enjoy :)
Powered by Recipage
Sound and look good?
Well I sure hope it does!
Before you start linking up to your favourite recipe (that you've posted earlier on this week or never before until now!)...
I'll have you know that...
Today's recipe was inspired by Lisa at runfastmama (thanks Lisa!) who made another version of these brownies! (I thought the idea was genius so I wanted to make one that worked with my 'diet'!)
Let' s just say...
I'm super happy I came across this neat idea for using my Sweet Potatoes!
Now it's your turn!
Share and link up to what you've been lovin' this week! (I can't wait to see what you've cooked up!)
Don't forget to use the #RECIPEFRIDAY hashtag!
Have a tasty day everyone!
Questions FU You...
How best do you like to cook your Sweet Potatoes?
What's the plan this weekend?
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*