Welcome to the 3rd edition of....
|Check here for more info!|
Today I have a recipe which I'm sure won't disappoint! (As I sit here with my fingers crossed lol)
But, before I get to sharing...
I thought that I would first introduce you to Shirataki Tofu Noodles!
So let's begin with a little...
For anyone who doesn't know me...
I'm a noodle lover! (The Masta can attest to this as I used to order a large Pho Noodle bowl with a request to remove the meat and add extra noodles. People, I was 13 (and beyond) with a huge appetite!)
After hearing about Shirataki Tofu Noodles through Heather at Where's The Beach...
I loved the idea that I could have a big ol' bowl of noodles without worrying about all the calories and carbs!
Just look at the breakdown!
**To be honest, I don't count calories (that's too much math) but I am cognisant of my carb intake. I am also mindFUl of how much I eat whereby, I don't stuff myself silly nor do I restrict myself from those things I do enjoy eating! Everything in moderation.**
I should point out...
The noodles are...
- Mostly made up of a natural dietary fiber called Glucomannan (root from an Asian Konjac Plant);
- Made from Soybeans and Yam Flour;
- Low in calories, fat and carbs; and are
- Wheat and Gluten Free.
- They have no taste but quickly absorb any flavour you add to them
- They come in many styles and shapes (Fettuccine, Spaghetti, Angel Hair, Macaroni)
- They are gelatinous in texture
- They offer no major nutritional value (but if you're looking for a low carb substitute to traditional noodles, they are great!)
- They take as little as 5 minutes to cook!
Since I've made a few versions of these noodle bowls (because they are so easy and FUn to make)...
I will share with you my favourite one using my favourite Chinese spice blend!
|It's made up of Cinnamon, Star Anise, Fennel, Ginger, Cloves|
White Pepper, Licorice.
You can get this at any Asian Food Store.
5 Spices yet there are 7 listed. lol
5 Spice Chicken Shirataki Tofu Noodle Bowl
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- 1/2 package of Tofu Shirataki Noodles (I got my mine at Metro)
- 1 Chicken Breast (or Protein of choice)
- 1- 2 tbsp(s) Chinese Five Spices Seasoning (for the Protein)
- 1 tsp Chinese Vegetarian Sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped Coriander
- 1 tsp minced Ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped Green Onion
- 1/4 cup Bean Sprouts (or veggies of choice)
- 2 tbsps sohotsauce Gingerly Hot (or hot sauce of choice)
- Salt to taste
For The Chicken
- Pre-heat your oven to bake at 400F
- In a bowl, spray a touch of olive oil on your Chicken
- Spoon in your Chinese Five Spices Seasoning and coat all sides
- In a baking pan, add about 1/4 cup water
- Place a cooking rack on you baking pan and place your Chicken on top of it
- Put your 5 Spice Chicken in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes (until it is cooked throughout)
For The Noodles
- Bring a small pot of water to boil
- Drain the liquid from the Shirataki Tofu Noodles packaging and plop the noodles into the pot
- Cook for about 3 minutes (stir occasionally)
- In a lightly sprained olive oil coated pan, add your ginger, coriander, bean sprouts (or veggies of choice)
- Once the ingredients are heated, add in your noodles
- Spoon in your Vegetarian Sauce and hot sauce (to taste)
- Toss the noodles and veggies together
- Cook for about 5 minutes
- Once your Chicken is cooked, remove from the oven and slice into thin strips
- Remove the noodles and veggies from the heat and transfer to a bowl
- Add your Chicken to top and enjoy! (With chopsticks or a fork!)
Powered by Recipage
Pretty easy right?
If you remember my Chicken Stir-Fry recipe from this past Wednesday...
You can use that too and make this:
|Simply toss the noodles into your stir-fry.|
Or, if you prefer Salmon...
|Bake the Salmon, coated with the Chinese Five Spices, in the oven at 400F for about 20 minutes.|
Break the Salmon a part and mix it in together with your noodles in a fry pan.
So perhaps I had 3 recipes to share instead of 1 but...
I couldn't help myself! (I mean common now...how could I resist sharing with you all! lol)
Now it's your turn!
If you have a recipe you'd like to share (one that you've posted within the past seven days or one that you're just coming out with today)...
Post is now! (I'd love for you to grab the logo below and plug it in to your post to get the word out about this recipe exchange! Also, don't forget to use the #RECIPEFRIDAY hashtag when sharing on twitter and/or instagram! I don't want to miss a thing!)
I can't wait to see what you've cooked up this week!
(If you don't have a blog, feel free to email me a pic of your latest dish with a recipe included! I'll be sure to post it on my facebook page and/or Pinterest #RECIPEFRIDAY Board! Also, don't by shy, you can upload your recipe to my page too!)
Have a wonderFUl Friday!
Questions FU You...
Have you ever heard of or tried Shirataki Tofu Noodles?
What's the plan this weekend?
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*
**Note: If you are looking to buy Shirataki Tofu Noodles, you can get them at Metro (for those in my region), most Asian Food Store or online at lowcarbcanada, amazon.com, and, not limited to Trader Joe's.**