|Ooooooh, why hello there little one!|
I can honestly say...
I've eaten these juicy delights more than twice a day on more than one occasion! (Peppers Anonymous here I come!)
And (there's no point in hiding the fact)...
These colourFUl babies have been found travelling all over the place with me! (People have noticed! I mean, there are jokes about me and my Peppers! lol)
|Hotel Room Eats :)|
|Hotel room blogging ;)|
There's just something about the overall...
Juiciness and crunchiness of this vegetable that makes me go Mmmm! (Which make 'em that much more difficult to resist!)
|They also makes me do silly things.|
Having said that, you better believe...
Not a crunch goes by without my being aware of the amazing health benefits Bell Peppers have to offer!
|Just look at these juicy babies!|
In whatever colour, shape or form they come in:
Red (my fave);
Purple (yes purple, although I've never seen them); and
"Each colour of pepper is associated with a different family of phytochemicals", meaning they have many positive physiological effects in the body!
Let's just say...
These babies definitely do you your body good!
So here are 5 reasons you should be eating Bell Peppers:
1. They are rich in Vitamin A, B, C and K (Red Peppers being the most rich in Vitamins);
2. They are loaded with antioxidants (Vitamin A and C) which are agents that can help prevent disease and cancers related to aging;
3. One small pepper has three times the daily allowance for Vitamin C;
4. They are low in calories (offering about 30 cals per half cup) and can help promote weight loss; and...
5. They are a good source of fiber.
Interesting fact: Bell Peppers get their colour the more ripe they become.
Did you know: "Red Peppers have mild thermogenic action that increases our metabolism without increasing our heart rate and blood pressure like hot peppers do", meaning, you can burn more calories by eating them!
Tip: Opt for Red Peppers as they are packed with the most nutrients and health benefits out of the Sweet Bell Pepper family!
Here are some ideas on how you can incorporate Bell Peppers into your daily eats!
Egg White Omelette:
- 8 Egg Whites
- Red Peppers (diced)
- Allégro Cheese
- Mix your protein with vegetables together in a bowl.
- Heat your pan over medium-high heat and pour in your mixture.
- Place sliced cheese on one side of your omelette.
- Turn over one side of your omelette (making a half moon shape) to 'seal the deal'.
- Flip your half moon over to the other side to cook.
- When browned, served and eat :)
|Scrambled Egg Whites and Chia Seeds topped with Red Peppers|
Mango Red Pepper Salsa
|Char Crust Chicken Salad!|
Low Carb Chicken Fajita
Pepper Roll Up!
|Pan Seared Tuna Steak with One Long Red Pepper!|
|No Bread Tuna Melt|
With all of that being said and shared...
I have one more thing to add and that is:
It's better to eat your Bell Peppers raw to ensure you do not lose the nutrients they have in store for you!
|You got it!|
Questions FU You:
1. Do you eat Bell Peppers regularly? What's your favourite colour?
2. Cooked or Raw?
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*