I have a recipe for you all today which...
I hope you try to make yourself!
As I've been testing a few things out in the kitchen over the past little while...
I thought I would share with you something I made just the other day.
So let's get to it shall we...
Seeing that it's #RECIPEFRIDAY and all!
It's easy and....
The inner-mixings are truly up to you!
Only thing is...
You just have to put some of your creative juices into it!
**Note: this isn't 'bread' so it doesn't have that bread consistency**
Easy Cinnamon Raisin and Walnut Loaf
- 100 g All-purpose flour (see note for GF version)
- 100 g Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 or 2 packets of Stevia
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- feel free to make this gluten-free by substituting the all purpose flour with the gluten-free kind.
- Omit whole wheat flour if you are making gluten-free version - just add 100g more of the GF gluten-free all-purpose flour
- you can use 1 1/2 tbsp sugar or 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup instead of Stevia
- You can try using almond milk instead of milk if you prefer that
- Pre-heat your oven to bake at 350F
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray
- In a mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients
- Stir together
- Add wet ingredients
- Mix well until combined
- Pour batter into loaf pan
- Place in the oven and bake for about 30-40 minutes (until cake tester, knife or stick of sorts comes out clean)
- Remove from oven, let cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes, then flip the loaf over onto the cooling rack and let cool for another 10
- Slice and enjoy!
- If you want to toast the loaf and serve as slices, cut the loaf into thin pieces then place onto a baking sheet (sprayed with cooking oil)
- Carefully place each of the slice
- Put the baking sheet in the oven for about 10 minutes
- Flip over
- Bake for another 10ish minutes
- Once they are nice and crispy, remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!
- To conserve, put in a air tight container
Powered by Recipage
I got the inspiration to bake this after I saw something I'd made a while back!
Allright (enough about me!) it's YOUR turn...
If you have a recipe you've been making and loving...
I can't wait to see what you've cooked up :)
Happy Halloween everyone!
|Teddy's ready for business with his new tie :)|
Posts you may have missed:
Question FU You...
Are you dressing up for Halloween?
Plans for the weekend?
Stay Tuned FU More On *CaNdY FiT*