I've always enjoyed a citrusy flavour to my pasta...
I thought I'd make something specially for SuperFit in hopes that...
He'd also like his spaguetti a little zesty too!
Who doesn't like a little zest in their life?! :P
But before I get to my recipe...
I'm happy to share that I've been running quite regularly on the treadmill (pain free!) since I was give the green light to run again so...
I can't wait to actually be able to go outside and see what my indoor training will bring! (I won't deny though, there is a part of me that fears the pain will come back but, we'll just have to wait and see...until the snow actually clears!)
|Got this awesome tank from Pavement Runner.|
It's one of my fave workout shirts!
But enough about me...
Let's get to the food!
Easy Zesty Lemon Chicken Spaguetti
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Spaguetti (good for 2 servings - leftovers are always good)
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 lemon - zest + 2 tbsp juice on reserve
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 garlic cloves, sliced
- In a large pot of boiling water, add in your spaguetti
- In the meantime, oil your fry pan and turn your element on to medium/low heat
- Add chicken breast, flip every so often and cook until done (about 10 minutes - depending on size)
- Remove from heat
- In the same pan, add in your cherry tomatoes
- Add in salt and pepper to taste
- Cook for about 4 minutes
- Slice your chicken into pieces and throw into the pan
- Turn your element down to low
- Once your pasta is cooked, use a colander to drain the water
- Add in a serving or two of pasta into the pan
- Add lemon juice
- Mix around
- Turn you element off, plate your spaguetti and add a little zest to top.
- Add in some garlic when cooking your tomatoes for additional flavour
- Parmesan cheese I'm sure would be quite delish too!
Powered by Recipage
Now it's your turn!
If you have a recipe to share...
I can't wait to see what you've cooked up in this edition of #RECIPEFRIDAY!
Have a LOVEly weekend everyone :)
|I'll be doing some loafing around I'm sure!|
Question FU You...
Are you a citrus fan?
Stay Tuned FU More ON *CaNdY FiT*